Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chicago Tuesday

 My 2nd day in Chicago started early as I was still on eastern time and I had to force myself back to sleep but the day did get better. I ate at the hotel's restaurant and fed the pigeons all who wanted my toast and shared with each other ( They gave me free toast might as well make good use of it).

After breakfast I put up an ad for someone to go to Navy Pier with and found Todd who was fun, funny and entertaining. We spent a wonderful afternoon together starting with a stop at Dollop Tea and Coffee then walking to the pier, this including near the beach area so pretty scenery. The Pier was not as impressive as I thought but It was still nice to see all the views and I was secretly glad the wheel was not running I'm scared of heights. This first date ended with lunch
 before I left on my tour.

The river tour was not available so I settled on the Architectural Walking Tour which was informative and loved seeing all those buildings but wow 2 hours of walking and after awhile the tour guide was just babbling on and on. She had the bad luck that several of the rooms she wanted to show us were closed for private events.


After the tour I headed back to my hotel and the had nice evening out with my new Chicago friend, we had dinner at a nice Italian restaurant then found this awesome Presbyterian church nestled in downtown Chicago. After that we tried the carriage ride, its no where near as romantic as it looked when your not with the right person and the carriage man is kind of creepy. The day was nice adventure .

No comments:

Post a Comment